Shadow Dragon has created an automated document conversion tool that expands analysts’ capabilities, speeds analysis and investigations, and making the electronic transmission of files between environments of varying classification levels more convenient for analysts. The new ConvertIt tool easily changes Maltego graphs to I2, Palantir, CSV or secure transmission file types, enabling the use of Maltego-based link analysis tools that utilize SocialNet and MalNet for investigations alongside i2, Palintir.
“Cyber professionals in the government and large corporations have had to manually convert files so they can be sent outside of restricted, secure environments for input from a larger investigative team. This often is a long, slow process that drags an investigation down,” said Daniel Clemens, founder and chief innovation officer of ShadowDragon. “We created ConvertIt to make it easier for analysts who use i2 or Palintir as their primary link analysis platform to take advantage of unique Maltego-based tools. ”
With ConvertIt, analysts no longer need to manually convert entities and manually create graphs and will able to:
– Convert any Maltego graph file to i2 analyst Notebook graphs, Palantir or CSV files or secure transmission file types.
– Create a transition file to go from a collection team to a more sensitive team by converting to an intermediate file and i2 Analyst Notebook graph file output, CSV, or Palantir supported output.
– Leverage Maltego graphs made with SocialNet social media mapping to identify links between people, emails, associates and uncover lifestyle data, then convert the results.
– Access and analyze Proofpoint Emerging Threats data via MalNet to gain strategic malware context, then convert the results.
– Convert Maltego Graphs with MalNet or SocialNet files into a graphical PDF or text PDF for presentations or for communications within restricted environments.
According to Clemens, ConvertIt is designed to support cyber analysts and others who work in Security Operations Centers, on incident Response Teams, as forensic, Malware or TI Analysts, among other areas.
ShadowDragon develops digital tools that simplify the complexities of modern online investigations. Geared toward strengthening the capabilities of investigation teams in all industries, the tools enable quick correlation and analysis of artifacts in the open, closed and deep web. While the company is based in the United States, ShadowDragon tools are used by business and government organizations around the world.
With extensive experience in defensive and offensive security, Daniel has been a quiet trailblazer in digital intel-gathering long before cyber intelligence became a discipline. More than a decade ago he was inventing and applying his own intelligence tools in support of companies and governments around the world facing urgent threats. Using this deep understanding of web technologies and the behaviors of cybercriminals, he has enhanced, updated and packaged these tools under ShadowDragon.
Daniel is a member of the Odonata Holdings, Inc.